In accordance with Board policy, the District's summer school curriculum will consist of remedial programs for
grades 9-12, enrichment programs, and recreational programs.
Summer school is open to
1. All public and private school students;
2. Those who are residents of the District.
In accordance with guidelines for summer schools established by the Department of Education which
generally follow those required of regular school sessions, the principal of the Summer School shall carry the
same responsibilities as those generally accepted by the principal of the regular school session. S/He is
responsible for the total operation of the school and should give particular attention to the quality of
instruction and supervision of his/her staff.
The assignment of subjects to a student in summer session shall be based on recommendations from the
principal of the student's regular school.
D. Course Offerings
1. Courses to be offered in a summer school will be selected by the Superintendent on the advice of the
2. The Superintendent, acting upon the recommendation of the principal, may discontinue any course for
reasons of insufficient enrollment.
1. Nonresident students shall be charged tuition.
2. All students shall be assessed fees for the following, as determined by the Summer School Principal:
3. A refund may be requested within the first day of school.
Approved/Adopted: July 13, 2009