Home‎ > ‎Policies‎ > ‎8000_Operations‎ > ‎

8463 Policy_Students without Parents

Any teacher, administrator, counselor, or school social worker who knows that a child is without a parent or
guardian shall report that fact as soon as possible to the Milwaukee County Social Services Department. Such a
report is not required if a student has a legal custodian or is cared for by a kinship care relative.
118.175, Wis. Stats.
Approved/Adopted:  July 13, 2009
Sharon Weinstock,
Aug 9, 2011, 1:14 PM